Best largest software companies will be discussed in this article. By 2020, the top ten software companies in the world will have significantly boosted the global software market. Describe software. Software is made up of a variety of computer processes, including operating systems and application software, and is used in concert with hardware to provide consumers with useful products. This might make it easier to manage, keep track of, or accomplish activities, or compute various kinds of computer processes. The worldwide software market is currently valued USD 456 billion. Microsoft, which has yearly revenues of USD 118.2 billion and a market cap of USD 946.5 billion, is the largest provider of computer software in the world.
In order to help business professionals, investors, and the general public who are interested in learning more about the global software industry, the top software companies in the world by revenue and market value are broken down in this fact sheet.
- Which 10 software companies in the world have the highest revenue?
- What are the biggest software companies in the world according to market capitalization?
- What is the market value of the software sector?
- Comprehensive list of the world’s best software companies, including those in the USA, Singapore, Bangalore, Germany, France, and more.
Information on statistics and trends in the software sector.
The biggest software companies in the world are already connecting thanks to BizVibe. Connect with these companies and keep up with their most recent news and insights.
Software Industry Statistics
- The value of the worldwide software market is $456 billion.
- Microsoft holds a market share of more than 80% in the personal computer industry.
The biggest publicly traded SaaS company is Salesforce.
- 73% of businesses predicted that by 2021, almost all of their apps would be SaaS.
- With an 18% market share, Microsoft is the biggest SaaS provider in the world.
- The public cloud presently hosts 41% of workloads.
Top 10 Global Software Companies by Revenue in 2020
Which 10 software companies will have the highest revenue in the world in 2020? The most major software companies in the world are listed below, ordered by annual revenue in US dollars.
Top 10 Best Largest Software Companies in the World In 2022
Top 10 Best Largest Software Companies in the World are explained here.
Microsoft, a well-known US-based multinational technology business, comes in at number one on the list of the top 10 largest software businesses in the world in 2020. The corporation, commonly known as Microsoft Corporation, is well-known as a software of computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. It is especially well-known for its Windows operating system. This is another software companies. Also check business management software
Bill Gates and Paul Allen created Microsoft in 1975, and it currently has its current headquarters in Redmond, Washington, in the United States. Microsoft is the largest software firm in the world by revenue and market cap, with yearly revenue exceeding USD 118.2 billion. Additionally, Microsoft reportedly hit the trillion-dollar market cap around April 2019, becoming the third US-based business to do so.
- Dated: 1975
- Microsoft’s main office is in Redmond, Washington.
- Microsoft has a $5 billion market cap.
- Microsoft’s annual revenue is $2 billion.
- Microsoft has 151,163 employees.
- Software from Microsoft
- Operating System for Windows
- Microsoft Workplace
- Use Visual Studio
Oracle Corporation, a global American company with its main office in Redwood Shores, California, comes in second place to Microsoft. The business is well-known for providing computer database management systems under its own brand, and it specialises in the hardware required for supply chain management (SCM), customer relationship management (CRM), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. This is another software companies.
With a market cap of USD 186.3 billion and revenue of USD 39.6 billion in 2019, Oracle is the second-largest software corporation in the world, behind Microsoft.
- Established: 1977
- Oracle’s main office is in Redwood City, California, USA
- Oracle’s market value is 186.3 billion dollars.
- Revenue for Oracle: US$39.6 billion
- Oracle has 136,000 employees.
Software from Oracle
- Applications from Oracle
- Oracle Data Source
- Oracle Cloud
- Business Manager
- Middleware Fusion
On this list of the biggest software companies in 2020, SAP is one of only two non-American companies. Enterprise software is produced by SAP, a multinational software company based in Europe, to handle customer contacts and corporate processes. The current SAP headquarters are located in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. SAP was established in 1972, making it one of the oldest software companies on our list.
The company’s Enterprise aid planning (ERP) software is its key selling point. With annual revenues of USD 29.1 billion for the 2019 fiscal year, SAP ranked third among software companies globally in terms of revenue. The market capitalization of SAP is at US$134.9 billion.
- Dated: 1972
- Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany is where SAP is headquartered.
- SAP Market Cap: 134.9 billion US dollars
SAP’s annual revenue is $29.1 billion.
About 100,330 people are employed at SAP.
Software from SAP
- S/4HANA SAP
SAP CRM • (Customer Relationship Management)
SAP ERP • (Enterprise Resource Planning)
SAP PLM • (Product Lifecycle Management)
SAP SCM • (Supply Chain Management)
SAP SRM • (Supplier Relationship Management)
What position does Salesforce hold among the leading software firms? One of the top software businesses in the world and placing fourth on the list is Salesforce, an American cloud-based software provider with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. Salesforce is renowned for providing a broad suite of business tools centred on customer care, marketing automation, analytics, and application development in addition to its well-known CRM software. Also check software development companies
With a current market valuation of USD 120.9 billion, Salesforce generated annual revenues of USD 13.3 billion in 2019.
- Dated: 1999
- Salesforce’s main office is in San Francisco, California.
- The market value of Salesforce is $120.9 billion.
- Salesforce reported $13.3 billion in revenue.
- Salesforce has 49,000 employees.
- Products for Salesforce Software
- Selling Cloud
- Cloud Service
- Advertising Cloud
- Business Cloud
- Public Cloud
5. Adobe Inc
The US-based multinational computer software company Adobe is ranked fifth on BizVibe’s ranking of the top 10 software businesses in the world by revenue. Adobe offers its software products, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects, via subscriptions, products, services, and support. The business was established in 1982, and today, 40% of its employees work at its San Jose headquarters. With a market capitalization of USD 132 billion, Adobe generated yearly revenues of USD 9.5 billion last year. This is another software companies.
The Adobe Flash online software ecosystem, Photoshop photo editing software, Adobe Illustrator vector graphics editor, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Form (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, together with its successor Adobe Creative Cloud, are a few of Adobe’s most well-known products.
- Dated: 1982
- Adobe Inc.’s main office is in San Jose, California.
- Adobe Inc. has a 132 billion USD market cap.
- Revenue for Adobe Inc.: USD 9.5 billion
- Adobe Inc. has 22, 635 employees.
- Software by Adobe Inc.
- Creative Suite by Adobe
- Creative Cloud by Adobe
- Photoshop Adobe
- Lightroom for Photoshop Adobe
- After Effects by Adobe
- Dreamweaver by Adobe
- Illustrator in Adobe
- Adobe Reader
- Document Cloud by Adobe
VMware is an American software firm best known for its cloud computing and visualisation software services and solutions. VMware’s desktop software is compatible with all of the main operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. Currently, Dell Technologies holds the bulk of the stock in the business.
This is another software companies. In this ranking of the top 10 software companies in the world by revenue and market cap, VMware is one of the largest software companies with annual revenues of USD 9.0 billion & a current market cap of USD 77.2 billion.
- Established: 1998
- VMware’s main office is in Palo Alto, California.
- VMware Market Cap: 77.2 billion US dollars
- VMware generated $9 billion in revenue.
- VMware has 24,200 employees.
- Software from VMware
- vSphere by VMware
- ESXi for VMware
- Fusion VMware
- Player VMware
- vSphere ThinApp
- View in VMware
- Infrastructure from VMware
With sales of financial, accounting, and tax preparation software and related services to small businesses, accountants, and individuals, Intuit is another American corporation that ranks seventh on our list of the top 10 largest software companies in the world. The tax preparation software suite, TurboTax, is one of Intuit’s most well-known and recognisable products. Also check application software
Intuit, one of the top software companies in the world by sales and market cap, generated USD 6.4 billion in yearly revenues last year and has a current market cap of USD 66.8 billion.
- Dated: 1983
- Palo Alto, California, United States is home to Intuit’s corporate headquarters.
- The market cap of Intuit is US$66.8 billion.
- Revenue from Intuit: USD 6.4 billion
- Intuit has 9,400 employees.
- Software Products from Intuit
- Financial management
- Software for accounting
- Software for tax returns
Dassault Systèmes, a French software business, is ranked eighth on BizVibe’s ranking of the top 10 largest software companies in the earth by revenue. Dassault Systèmes, the first French business on this list and one of only two software companies without a US presence, is renowned for creating software for 3D design, 3D digital mock-up, and product lifecycle management (PLM). This is another software companies.
Dassault Systèmes is one of the top software companies in the world by revenue and among the biggest software companies by market value. It generated yearly revenues of USD 4.1 billion last year, and it currently has a market cap of USD 39.2 billion.
- Dated: 1981
- Headquarters for Dassault Systèmes are in Vélizy-Villacoublay, France.
- The market value of Dassault Systèmes is US$39.2 billion.
- USD 4.1 billion in revenue for Dassault Systèmes
- 16,055 Dassault Systèmes personnel are employed.
- Products from Dassault Systèmes Software
- Software for 3D design
- Product lifecycle management and 3D digital mock-up (PLM)
This is another software companies. With revenues of USD 2.6 billion and a market valuation of USD 42.9 billion, ServiceNow, an American cloud computing firm, is among the top software companies in the world by revenue. It is ranked eighth by market cap and ninth by revenue on this list of the biggest software companies in the world. ServiceNow was established in 2003 and now has more than 5400 clients worldwide.
- Established: 2003
- ServiceNow’s main office is in Santa Clara, California, USA.
- The market value of ServiceNow is $42.9 billion.
- US$2.6 billion in revenue for ServiceNow
- ServiceNow has 8,666 employees.
- Products for ServiceNow Software
- SaaS Services
- IT service administration
Workday, Inc., an American vendor of on-demand (cloud-based) financial management and human capital management software, completes our list of the top 10 biggest software companies in the world. Workday’s business strategy, which consistently ranks among the best companies to work for, relies on selling subscriptions rather than software as single goods. This is another software companies.
Workday was established in 2005 and had annual revenues of USD 2.8 billion. It currently has a market cap of
- Established: 2005
- Workday’s main office is in Pleasanton, California.
- Workday Market Cap: 41.7 billion US dollars
- Daily Income: USD 2.8 billion
- Employees Working a Day: 10,500
The top 10 software companies worldwide by revenue in 2020 are listed below by BizVibe. These startups are revolutionising how companies use technology to innovate across a range of global industries.